The Harbor Entrepreneur Center accepted eight startups into Cohort 5 of The Harbor Accelerator program. The accelerator is a 14-week high intensity “bootcamp” for founders of innovative and scalable startups.
Throughout the duration of the program, the participants are provided tremendous resources and support to grow their businesses quickly, test the market, and become viable. Cohort 5 began on Monday, January 25th and will culminate when the startups present their final pitches on April 26th at DIG SOUTH’s Venture and Demo Day at the Gaillard Center.
The Harbor Accelerator provides the startups with high-caliber entrepreneur mentors, free workspace, weekly curriculum sessions, pitch practice, and connection to investors and local talent.
The following startups have been accepted into Cohort 5:
• uTalk – an audio engagement platform that allows users to broadcast their voice and talk about specific topics or communities.
• The Scholarship System – a program for students and families to learn the necessary steps to pay for college without taking out student loans.
• eScout – a software company that develops cloud based networks for athletes and coaches to crowdsource analytics for training, performances, and equipment reviews.
• StockAid – the definitive inventory forecasting solution for QuickBooks Online.
• Auto-Ad – a company that places customer advertisements on their fleet of vinyl wrapped SUV’s and gives it to a veteran in need.
• RAAD – a mobile app ‘fast pass’ that lets you skip lines outside bars and clubs.
• Active Engine – a cloud-based service that automates rapid development of highly scalable software.
• Pareto App – a social media marketing app that integrates intelligent content suggestions and automatic scheduling
The Harbor Entrepreneur Center is a non-profit organization dedicated to growing entrepreneurship and scalable companies in the Charleston Region. Through an accelerator program for innovative startup companies, a Propel program and Forum Groups for further-stage founders, high-impact events, and multiple sites offering workspace throughout the region, The Harbor consistently creates ways to collide the most motivated, smart and capable entrepreneurs.