The Harbor Entrepreneur Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to growing entrepreneurship and scalable companies in Charleston, has selected eight startup businesses to participate in Cohort 7 of its startup accelerator program. The Harbor Accelerator launches businesses through a 14-week program with mentorship, weekly curriculum, free workspace, and other tremendous resources and support to help grow their business, test the market, and become viable. Cohort 7 began on Monday, January 23rd and will culminate with a high-impact pitch event on April 25th at DIG SOUTH, a multi-day conference highlighting the Southeastern tech industry.
The Harbor has accepted the following startups into Cohort 7:
- Jyve – a live music booking tool that connects musicians to local music venues by streamlining the entire music booking experience.
- CornerOffice.Network – a confidential and secure compatibility tool helping companies and executives find the right hire.
- iScape – a garden and landscape design app that is used to easily create and share virtual renderings of outdoor spaces on the go.
- CostProjections – a platform that provides calculations of future medical costs of injured people for lawyers to use in litigation.
- Turnkey – a mobile application that helps high-end rental properties engage with residents to make money.
- PT on Demand – a proprietary platform that delivers personalized therapy regimens to customers directly on their smart device or computer.
- Citibot – technology that connects citizens with their local governments by integrating with popular apps such as Facebook and Twitter, as well as basic text messaging.
- Modal Biotech – a developer, manufacturer, and marketer of biotechnology products that solve real world environmental problems with green technology.
More information about the participating companies, along with contact information, website and social media pages can be found here.
Through its accelerator program for innovative startups, Forum Groups for further-stage founders, high-impact events, and multiple sites offering workspace throughout the region, The Harbor consistently creates ways to collide the most motivated, smart and capable entrepreneurs.