SCRA welcomed seven new Client Companies into its entrepreneurial program, SC Launch. Client Companies receive mentoring and support services and may also be eligible for grants, matching funds and investments.
- Cliently is a lead generation and retention platform that helps companies of all sizes engage with potential prospects. The company’s workflow automation creates personalized content such as emails, postcards, video messages, branded merchandise and even real phone calls to create opportunities without hours of prospecting.
- Cryogenix has developed novel solutions to preserve human tissues and provide live, reliable samples for human disease research and drug discovery.
- Lignin Enterprises develops and commercializes lignin-based applications. The company’s objective is to commercialize new green-chemistry products and environmentally-friendly recovery processes that will result in enhanced global sustainability for leading businesses.
- Marnel Pharmaceuticals is a specialty pharmaceutical company developing and commercializing therapies for the treatment of dermatological conditions and diseases.
- PermitZone provides contractors and individuals the ability to pull construction permits online as well as access to permitting requirements and municipal knowledge – nationwide.
- Miravan’s mission is to create convenient and affordable solutions for parents and caregivers by designing smart and simple infant and childcare products. Their launch product, Moozi, is a patented solution for preparing perfect temperature formula bottles at the touch of a button in under a minute.
- Skyware Robotics provides robotic automation solutions to hospital operating rooms. The company’s solutions improve safety for the patient, increase workflow efficiency for the physician and lower overall costs for medical procedures.
Chartered in 1983 by the State of South Carolina as a public, non-profit corporation, SCRA fosters South Carolina’s Innovation Economy by supporting entrepreneurs, enabling academic research and its commercialization, and connecting industry to innovators.
The SC Launch program provides a framework to grow South Carolina’s innovation economy by providing mentoring, funding, commercialization assistance and the resources necessary to successfully launch startups in the state. In order to fulfill its mission to enrich the state’s innovation economy, SC Launch invests its net revenues and an annual $6 million from the Industry Partnership Fund into qualified, South Carolina-based technology companies. Companies meeting the requirements can apply for acceptance into the program. Once you’ve applied, the regional SC Launch manager will contact you to go over your application. Depending on the outcome, you may be invited to present to the SC Launch team at a “Company Review” meeting. These meetings occur monthly, either in Columbia, Greenville or the Charleston area and will determine your acceptance into the program.