The Harbor Entrepreneur Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to growing entrepreneurship and scalable companies in Charleston, has selected eight startup businesses to participate in CoHort 8 of its startup accelerator program. The Harbor Accelerator launches companies through a 14-week program with mentorship, weekly curriculum, free workspace, and other valuable resources and support to help grow their business, test the market, and become viable companies. Cohort 8 began on Monday, August 14th and will culminate with a high-impact pitch event at the Charleston Museum.
The Harbor has accepted the following startups into CoHort 8:
- Envies Flavor Shot – a natural flavoring for cocktails and carbonated beverages
- AWaiver – an electronic waiver signing software that enables customers/clients to sign liability waivers prior to arriving at event locations
- Interloop – delivers predictive analytics to sales organizations, providing new visibility into forecasts and at-risk deals
- Case Status – an app designed to solve the communication disconnect between attorneys and their clients
- Green Blox – a lightweight, interlocking alternative to traditional bricks, blocks, and pavers made from 100% upcycled plastic
- Brass – simplifies the software evaluation process for businesses and provides free, instantaneous expert recommendations based on their needs
- Taste – an app that helps people find the best local places to eat and drink based on favorites
- Collective Force – a mission based company serving local schools, churches, and non-profits through a free mobile fundraising platform.
The startups will present their final pitches on November 15th. More information about the participating companies, along with contact information, websites, and social media pages can be found at www.harborec.com/cohort8.
Through an accelerator program for innovative startups, Forum Groups for further-stage founders, high-impact events, and offering workspace throughout the region, The Harbor consistently creates ways to collide the most motivated, smart and capable entrepreneurs. For more information, visit www.harborec.com.