SCRA announced a successful pilot year for the SC Launch Acceleration Grant program. The pilot year for Acceleration Grants was announced in November 2016 and kicked off in January 2017. Throughout the year, ten companies have received an Acceleration Grant from SCRA’s entrepreneurial program, SC Launch.
High-tech startups in South Carolina were encouraged to apply for the Acceleration Grants, which total up to $50,000 per company and are designed to prepare companies for a future SC Launch investment. The ten Acceleration Grant recipients are:
- Accessible Diagnostics – Life Sciences company (Greenville, SC)
- ArchCath – Life Sciences company (Awendaw, SC)
- Care.It – Life Sciences company (Spartanburg, SC)
- Cliently – Information Technology company (Myrtle Beach, SC)
- Koios – Information Technology company (Columbia, SC)
- MagAssemble – Advanced Manufacturing/Materials company (Irmo, SC)
- Palmetto Propulsion – Advanced Manufacturing/Materials company (Belton, SC)
- SealCath – Life Sciences company (Mount Pleasant, SC)
- SterAssure Solutions – Advanced Manufacturing/Materials company (Greenville, SC)
- YourConfigurator.com – Information Technology company (Rock Hill, SC)
To date, SCRA’s SC Launch Program has provided $43 million through grants and investments to South Carolina startups since the program’s inception in 2006. The SC Launch program is SCRA’s entrepreneurial platform that provides mentoring, grants and investments to qualified, South Carolina companies in the Advanced Materials/Manufacturing, Information Technology and Life Sciences industries.
Chartered in 1983 by the State of South Carolina as a public, non-profit corporation, SCRA fosters South Carolina’s Innovation Economy by supporting entrepreneurs, enabling academic research and its commercialization, and connecting industry to innovators.